Finance: Stocks just had a wild week — here's where they ended up
The Dow closed 5.2% lower on the week, the worst 1-week drop since January 2016.
- The Dow Jones industrial average ended a wild week up 314 points on the day, but down over 1,300 points since the close last Friday.
- That represents a 5.2% decline for the week, the worst one-week percent decline since January 2016.
- The S&P 500 had a similar story, closing down 5.2% since last Friday's close.
- Stocks whipsawed throughout the week, with the Dow posting an all-time record point decline on Monday, closing up nearly 600 points Tuesday, only to fall further Wednesday and Thursday before closing Friday in the green for the day.
- Thursday's close brought the Dow and S&P 500 into correction territory, commonly defined as a 10% drop from recent highs.
Click here to read the full text by Andy Kiersz